Program Objectives: The MPA program developed by the School of Public Administration at Moscow State University is designed to prepare highly qualified specialists with the contemporary knowledge, know-how and skills necessary for ensuring the effective operation of state-affiliated companies and institutions, municipal enterprises and noncommercial organizations, state and local government bodies.
The MPA program is organized in such a manner to allow students to simultaneously continue their work and its duration is two years. The study program comprises 1550 hours of study, including 770 hours of classroom instruction.
The MPA program accepts applicants who have already earned an accredited university degree and worked for a minimum of 4 years following graduation (or 2 years in certain qualifying state and private sector positions).
The MPA program includes the following components:
- Basics of State and Municipal Administration
- Basic Professions in Public Administration
- Specialized Professions in Public Administration
- Practical Training (or Internship)
The study program is structured according to the modular principle, which entails a series of consecutive modules, each focused on mastering a particular competency related to public administration. The advantages of the module-base systems include:
- The flexibility of the educational program (reorganization and modernization of the modules is very simple);
- Individual trajectories for mastering the program;
- An individualized and more accurate accounting of student’s performance through the use of a point-based rating system;
- A large degree of independence in the work of students as they complete the study program;
- The opportunity to develop a unique and individualized set of competencies.
The MPA program has five academic modules:
- Politics and Law
- Administration and Management
- Project Analysis
Students who have mastered the MPA program and successfully passed the final state attestation are awarded a state-accredited diploma of advanced qualification with the official title of “State and Municipal Administration Specialist – Master of Public Administration (MPA)”.